21 April 2006

Song of Solomon Series

I highly reccomend this sermon series. This is an important topic that no one should be ignorant of.
"Did God give us desires for love, sex, marriage & romance but forget to provide us with guidance? No! He gave us The Song of Solomon.

Married or single? This series is for everyone! Come hear the Biblical truth on love, sex, marriage and romance. It’s candid, honest and will change your love life forever!

Everyone wants a fulfilling romantic life. Did you know that God wants that for you as well? He even dedicated a whole book of the Bible to be His guide for relationships.

Marriage is important to God. So if you are single and looking for a mate or you are married and want your marriage to be all it can be, you will benefit from this unique and insightful book.

You'll laugh. you may even cry. But your love life will be changed forever by the Biblical truths of the Song of Solomon." (From the website of Denton Bible Church)

To order the series... http://www.dbcmedia.org/1-866-DBC-TAPES/product_info.php?products_id=39466

6 Comments:

At 21 April, 2006 15:53, Blogger Angie said...

I am agog! I am aghast! (Extra credit if you know what I just quoted...) Teaching the Song of Songs to the unmarried? Oh, my virgin eyes! Okay, I'm joking here (and you will know how much I am joking if you catch my broadway reference above). ;) As a child (elementary school age) my friends and I used to read it and giggle. I don't think we even caught half of the references to sex that it makes.

In all seriousness, I do so wish to be married and to be very much in love and loved deeply in return. I find that it is better for me, personally, to think on what is true - I am single and there is no guarantee that I will ever marry. God has given me all that I need, and if He has not seen fit to give me a husband I am better off without one. I confess that even so I have a list of qualities that I am looking for in a husband and that I pray that God will send me such a man, and preferably sooner rather than later. He does not need to tell me that my navel is like a goblet constantly filled with wine, however. (So did they have really small goblets back then or did she just have a really big navel?)

Did you ever notice, though, that the bride in 5:3 says, "I have washed my feet, How can I dirty them again?" Her feet would get dirty just going to the door to open it? I wonder what that means about the condition of her floors... ;) Oh, dear, I think Matthew's mission is working!

 
At 21 April, 2006 19:51, Blogger Carey said...

Angie, might I reccomend "Come Away My Beloved" by Francis J. Roberts? I think you would like this book.

Large naval... I was rolling on the floor laughing. Hilarious!

From what I remember,in 5:3, she is actually throwing a temper-tantrum of sorts. Or being pettish. More like "I'm too tired to make out with you, dear" than "Oi, my floors!"

 
At 21 April, 2006 22:22, Blogger Angie said...

Yeah, but then she decides that he's worth it...too bad he's gone by then! You didn't answer which Broadway musical I quoted (hint: it was originally written in French)...

 
At 22 April, 2006 06:53, Blogger Carey said...

*scratches head* I know I've heard it before, but cannot remember the name of the musical to save my soul.

 
At 22 April, 2006 07:45, Blogger Angie said...

"I am agog! I am aghast! Is Marius in love at last? I've never seen him ooooh and aaaah. You talk of battles to be won, when here he comes like Don Juan - It's better than an opera!"

It's from Les Miserables. ;)

 
At 22 April, 2006 10:06, Blogger Carey said...

Oh duh... *feeling stupid*

 

Post a Comment

<< Home